The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is pleased to welcome you to the 14th edition of its annual Symposium, which will take place from 21 to 23 March 2018 in the Olympic Capital city of Lausanne, Switzerland.
WADA’s 2018 symposium will this year again gather the world anti-doping community over three days of presentations, interviews, panel discussions, practical workshops and networking sessions. Athlete representatives, international federations, government representatives, national anti-doping agencies, major event organizers, WADA-accredited laboratories and Athlete passport management units, as well as media and other stakeholders are invited to gather under the theme “Shaping the Future of Clean Sport”. This year’s agenda will focus on how the anti-doping community can best shape the future of the fight against doping through lessons learned from past manipulations, innovation & technology, new financing models and many other relevant topics.
WADA looks forward to welcoming you in Lausanne and to hold fruitful discussions with all its stakeholders leading to positive outcomes for clean sport.
The agenda of this 14th edition has been shaped having in mind the state of anti-doping affairs by year’s end while taking into account participants’ feedback from the 2017 edition.
Accordingly, features that have been particularly appreciated will be replicated this year again together with the addition of several new components.
The symposium will therefore continue to be held over 3 days with the first day taking place in a plenary session open to the media. That day, participants will receive among others, keynote presentations by WADA President Sir Craig Reedie and WADA Director General Olivier Niggli.
The second day of the symposium will start in a plenary session and participants will then be invited to take part -until the end of the symposium- in the practical workshop sessions of their choice.
Networking sessions will also allow for more personal exchanges and bilateral discussions.
- For the second time in WADA’s symposium’s history, government representatives and inter-governmental organizations are invited to attend all sessions. Taylor-made workshops will also be specifically designed for them;
- Upon application and approval by WADA, academics and researchers who can demonstrate a particular interest and/or previous research in the field of anti-doping will be welcomed to attend the symposium.
The Symposium is open to representatives of Anti-Doping Organizations (ADOs) such as:
- International Federations (IFs)
- National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs)
- National Olympic Committees (NOCs) – only from countries where there is no NADO or where the NOC is actively involved in anti-doping
- Regional Anti-Doping Organizations (RADOs)
- Major Event Organizations (MEOs)
- Sample collection agencies and related anti-doping service providers
- WADA-accredited laboratories and WADA Laboratory Expert Group
- Government representatives involved in anti-doping matters
- Media – on Day 1 only
The Symposium is free for two participants per organization. A fee will be requested for any additional or late registration, please refer to the Registration Policy page for further details.
I would like to attend!
For general queries relating to registration, accommodations and visas, please contact:
Ms. Claudia Furnari
Event Coordinator Assistant
Av. de Rhodanie CP 975
Tel.: +41 (0) 21 613 73 13
Fax: +41 (0) 21 616 86 47
For queries relating to the content of the Symposium, please contact:
Ms. Laetitia Zumbrunnen
Manager, International Federation Relations
World Anti-Doping Agency
Maison du Sport International
Av. de Rhodanie 54
Tel : +41 (0) 21 343 43 44
Fax : +41 (0) 21 343 43 41
E-mail : email@example.com